Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for paint
How to Make
- Paint the jar lid with a couple of coats of acrylic paint. Leave to dry then lightly brush over the top with white for a weathered effect.
- Cut a strip of patterned paper 8cm x 26cm to fit around the jar. Stick the ends with double-sided tape.
- Cut a 3-4cm wide x 26cm long hessian strip to fit around the jar. Carefully pull off a few strands from the length of the hessian to make a frayed edge, then wrap it around the jar. Fix the ends with double-sided tape then add glue along the join to hold it in place.
- Stick a strip of double-sided tape around the top of the jar, then wrap some twine over the top, tie into a knot and fray the ends by un-twisting the twine.
- Glue some shells onto the jar with a glue gun or a strong adhesive.
Its easier to stick down the shells if you glue a small piece of scrunched up tissue paper inside each one. This gives larger surface area to apply the glue for sticking them onto the jar.