Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for paint
How to Make
- Wrap a piece of masking tape around the string on each decoration to protect it from the paint.
- Paint the decorations on one side. Leave to dry then turn over and paint the other side. Add second coat if you need to.
- To make dotted patterns, dip a cotton bud in paint then print onto the decoration.
- For a stitched pattern, dip a small strip of card into paint and use to print lines onto the decoration.
- To paint a heart, circle or star shapes onto the decoration, cut out a simple paper stencil with a craft knife, then sponge paint through the hole. This gives a more even application of paint, rather than using a brush. Make sure the paint isnt too runny, dab it off on scrap paper before printing onto the decoration.
- When the paint is completely dry, remove the masking tape from the string.
Draw round the decorations onto some scrap paper to try a rough version of your design before painting the finished version.