Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes plus drying overnight
How to Make
- Collect together your selection of dried flowers.
- Coat the INSIDE of the jar with PVA glue. Very gently place the dried flowers on the inside. Use whole petals mixed with crunched up pieces to create some contrast.
- Rip a small amount of tissue paper (I used white and mint green) into 1 inch wide strips. Place carefully on top the the flowers and use a little pva to brush over the top and stick the tissue down. This should ct as a film and hold the flowers in place. Be careful not to over work as it can rip. If you only 1 - 2 layers of tissue, your tealight will have a nice transparency to it when lit.
- Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use a craft knife to trim any excess tissue overhanging the top of the jar. This should create a nice clean rim.
- Paint the rim with gold paint. I used gold metallic paint.
- Fill with LED tea lights.
To dry your own flowers very quickly, lay them out on a microwavable plate. Microwave on a very low power for a few minutes at a time checking on them until they are dry enough to work with.