Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Use the back of your hand to flatten your tin cake case and make a tin circle shape.
- Apply double sided tape to the outer edge of the tin circle. This will be the back of the rosette.
- Cut 20 small pieces of gold ribbon. Attach them to the tape so that they stick out-wards like flower petals, evenly spaced around the tin circle.
- Cut 20 small pieces of thin silver ribbon. Using super tacky glue, stick them between the gold ribbon pieces, so that they show between each piece.
- When the glue has dried, snip of any ribbon pieces that stick out too much.
- Draw a star on some black paper and cut it out. It needs to be smaller than your tin circle.
- Cut three long pieces of white ribbon and stick them to the back of the star using double sided tape.
- Cut four long pieces of thin silver ribbon (they need to be roughly the same length as the white ribbon) and stick them between the white ribbons.
- Stick the star to the front of the tin circle using super tacky glue or double-sided tape.
- Stick on your New Year numbers.
- Turn the rosette over and stick on a self-adhesive badge pin.
Cutting the ribbon diagonally and with sharp scissors will help prevent fraying.