Time to Make
How to Make
- Using a pencil, lightly sketch out the shape of your snowcapped mountains onto the main part of the wooden key holder. Draw about 8 of them at a range of different heights, and have some in front of others to create more depth.
- Using the white paint, paint the tops of all of the mountains. Then add a small amount of black to create a light shade of grey and use this to paint the base of two of the mountains, not next to each other.
- Add a little more black to create a slightly darker grey and paint two more of the mountains. Repeat this until all of the mountains are painted in varying shades of grey. Then leave to dry.
- Using white paint and a thin paintbrush, paint a pattern onto the light grey mountains. Paint small dots onto some and dashes onto others. Then mix a very light shade of grey and use this to paint some similar patterns onto the darker mountains.
- Once the paint has dried, push a wooden stick into each of the holes at the bottom of the piece of wood.
- Cut a small length of jute twine and thread each end through the holes at the top of the wood. Turn the wood over and tie a double knot in each end of the twine to hold it in place.
Use a fine tipped paintbrush when painting the patterns on the mountains so they don't appear too thick.