Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for paint and glue
How to Make
- Pour some acrylic paint into a mixing tray. To make the colour a lighter shades, mix in some white and stir until the paint is fully blended.
- Paint a box with a lid and leave to dry. Add another coat if necessary and leave to dry. Paint all the edges, inside the lid and about 1cm inside the bottom section. Leave to dry.
- Cut 2 strips of patterned paper 6.5cm x 14cm to line the bottom section of the box. Lightly glue the ends of the both strips then overlap them inside the box to cover the base and sides.
- Cut a hessian square 6.5cm x 6.5cm. Glue ‘MUM’ wooden letters across the middle of the hessian square. Stitch an ‘X above and below the lettering.
- Cut off the wire from some paper flowers then glue them onto the lid.
- Cut a long strip of patterned paper or hessian 2.5cm x 320cm then glue it around the bottom section of the box. If the paper isn’t long enough to fit around the box, glue 2 pieces together.
Pull off a couple of strands from around the edges of the hessian to give the squares a softer, frayed look.