Time to Make
How to Make
- Begin by folding one of the gold doilies in half, white sides together. Fold each side of the doily back on itself, this time on the gold side. Make sure each folded side reaches the middle fold on the doily.
- Repeat step 1 until there are 7 folded doilies all together.
- Stick the folded edges of two doilies together. Only cover the white sides in glue and try to line up the edges of the doily to make a smoother edge. Do this with all the inwards folded edges of the doilies until they’re all connected and for a large snowflake step. Leave to dry.
- Cover one side of a blank craft wreath with glue and press the white side of the doily snowflake onto it. Line up the centre of snowflake with the centre of the wreath and leave to dry.
- Turn the snowflake over and stick a long length of ribbon to two corners of one of the doilies. Leave the whole decoration to dry before hanging.
To reduce drying time and strengthen the doily, replace the jumbo glue stick with hot glue. Use with caution if using hot glue for sticking the doilies together, as the glue could seep through the delicate edges and would be hot.