Time to Make
15 tiles 2-3 hours with drying.
How to Make
- Draw around the tiles onto paper, and sketch out your designs so you have a master copy. 4-5 designs work well.
- Copy your designs onto the tiles in pencil. To get a good mix of patterns use each design at least 3 times. A balance of all over prints that look like a repeat pattern and a few statement stand-alone designs works well.
- Choose your colour theme. We have used: turquoise, purple, orange, red, gold, dark blue and dark green with white line detail.
- Start to fill in the tiles using one colour at a time. We painted turquoise elements on all of the tiles first, and then once dry, moved on to the next colour etc
- Once all of the base colours are filled in, use a thin brush to add little white line details. This will help to bring all of the designs together as one and make the colours really pop!
- Allow to dry for 24 hours and then fix colour by baking as per the instructions. Apply the magnets if you are to use them on a metal surface like a fridge door, or use grout to fix them to a decorative table top or tray.
Use porcelain pens to add more refined intricate detail, or make them really special with a touch of gold. Use a cotton bud and a little warm water to remove any mistakes before baking.