Time to Make
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160 Fan/ Gas Mark 4
- Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through.
- Sift in the flour and then add the finely grated zest of the lemon and mix.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper, then spoon in the mixture and level the top with a spoon.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, mix together the juice of 2 lemons and the caster sugar to make a drizzle.
- Prick the warm cake with a fork, then pour over the drizzle.
- Leave in the tin until completely cool, then remove and serve.
These recipes are suggestions only and are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill and entirely at their own discretion and risk. We cannot guarantee that favourable results will be obtained and recommend that you carry out your own tests prior to adoption. In the event that you intend to follow them for personal or resale use you must ensure that your preparation and ingredients comply with all relevant hygiene standards. We accept no responsibility, obligation or liability with respect to these recipes, their preparation or any outcome from their use or ingestion.