Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for glue
How to Make
- Cut enough white tissue squares to fit around the jar and inside the rim. Brush PVA glue over a glass jar then press down the tissue pieces, brushing carefully so they dont tear.
- Gently brush more glue over the top of the tissue and start pressing the leaves onto the jar one at a time. Stick the leaves in an overlapping pattern, brushing more glue over the top.
- Press more leaves around the top of the jar and tuck them inside. Trim the leaves with scissors so they fit neatly inside of the jar. Add more glue over the top.
- If any leaves lift up as the glue dries, press them back down and brush more glue over the top. Press the leaves over the curve at the bottom of the jar.
- While the glue is still tacky, cut a string of sequins to fit around the top of the jar and stick them down.
- Leave the glue to completely dry, then place an LED tea light or a string of starry LED lights in the jar and watch the colours glow!
Before you start gluing, spread the leaves out onto your work surface so they are easy to pick up.