Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for paint and glue
How to Make
- Remove the acetate and backing section from a wooden frame then sand around the edges so they are smooth.
- Paint the frame white. Check the inside and outside edges are covered. Leave to dry. Add another coat of paint if you need to.
- Select some leaves to decorate the frame. Place the leaves into a dish with water for about 10 minutes help soften and uncurl them. Lift the leaves out of the water then place onto some paper towel to drain them.
- Paste Super Tacky Glue over the frame then start to layer the leaves. Brush over the leaves with more glue as they as pasted down. Leave to dry.
- Very lightly brush white paint over the leaves to highlight the veined pattern and the edges.
- Brush a layer of varnish over the frame to seal the surface. Leave it to dry. Replace the acetate and backing with a picture inside the frame.
For a more defined pattern on the leaves, paste them onto the frame with the veins facing upwards so they can be highlighted with paint.