Time to Make
45 minutes + baking time for Fimo
How to Make
- Shape 3 strips of Fimo into a mound for the base of the model on the Roll some small Fimo balls to make pebbles then press these onto the base.
- Shape small Fimo pieces into sea creatures, coral, shells and seaweed. Press them onto the base. Check the model doesnt spread out too far as it will need to fit through the neck of the jar when it is finished.
- Twist 2 strips of Fimo together to make a stripy pattern then flatten it to 5mm, or slightly thicker. Cut a simple shape for the fish. The angel fish is made from a triangle with the ends curled round at the back. Add small pieces for fins, tail and an eye.
- Carefully straighten out a paperclip. Push one end into the underside of the fish to make a hole then remove it. Make another hole in the base in the same way. Place the fish onto a baking tray so it is separated from the base section.
- Bake Fimo models on a baking tray at 110ºC for 30 minutes. Follow all the instructions on the packet. Allow Fimo to cool before handling.
- Push the paperclip back into the hole in the fish with a small amount of glue, then push the other end into the base. Check the height of the fish, if it is too high remove the paperclip from the base and and trim the end, then replace with some glue.
- Lightly brush a piece of 12cm x 8cm card with glue, then sprinkle glitter over the top. When the glue has dried push the card inside the jar for the background
- Glue the FIMO model to the underside of the jar lid. Leave to dry then carefully screw the lid onto the jar. Check the position of the background, if it needs adjusting unscrew the lid and push it behind the model.
Draw around the jar lid onto a piece of baking parchment as a size guide for making your Fimo model. Assemble the model, keeping inside the pencil circle then carefully transfer the paper with model onto a baking tray or tile, this way you wont have to lift up the base of the model.