Time to Make
1 hour 15 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Turn the canvas upside down so that the staples are facing upwards. Use a sharp cutting knife to carefully cut around the edge of the canvas, just to the outside of where the staples are. Lift the canvas off and put it to one side, then rip/cut the remaining pieces of canvas off of the frame. Alternatively, you can use a staple remover, however this will take slightly longer to do.
- Paint the canvas in a coat of black paint and leave to dry. Add another coat of black paint if needed.
- Once the canvas is dry, use scissors to cut off the folded edges. Trim the canvas so that it is slightly smaller than the size of the outer frame.
- Place the piece of canvas over the frame, with the black side facing down (so when the frame is the right way round the black side will face forwards), and use the staple gun to attach it to the back of the frame.
- Use the white deco pen to write ‘love makes a house a home’ in a range of writing styles. Then decorate around the edges with dashed lines and hearts.
Make sure the black paint is completely dry before adding the white writing, otherwise the pen ink will mix with the paint.