Time to Make
1 ½ hours plus glue drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Stick 2 craft wreaths together.
- Draw 1cm in from inner circle and cut out.
- Using newspaper or old tissue, scrunch up into sausage shape and stick on wreath within the circle. This is to baulk out the wreath.
- Cut out 5, 100cm x 5cm strips of hessian. Starting from the back, stick down edge using the hot glue. Start wrapping the hessian strip tightly around the wreath overlapping edges. Always end and start a strip on the back of wreath, stuck down using hot glue. Wrap twice around whole wreath so you do not see tissue /newspaper.
- Place the wreath flat on a surface. Take 3 peacock feathers and one at a time tuck ends under a strip on right hand side. One should go upwards and 2 downwards. Ensure they are secure.
- Next wrap 10mm gold satin ribbon tightly but spaced out evenly all way around, securing feathers. Always start and finish at back of wreath, sticking ends using glue gun.
- To make the pine cone spruce apply a bead of hot glue along the stem of 1 pine branch and stick down onto hessian between the peacock feathers, with the brush end hanging over the outer edge, Do the same with 2 more pine branches. Stick next to the previous stem but with the brushes hanging over inner edge. Stick two pine cones over the stems with their bottom ends together.
- Cut a satin ribbon length of 30cms, fold in half and stick centrally at top on the back of wreath.
When positioning feathers, play around with them first so they sit exactly where you want before securing them.