Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for glue and paint
How to Make
- Paint a wooden heart with red metallic acrylic paint, allow it to dry then add another coat and leave to dry.
- Dip a small sponge into black paint, rub it onto scrap paper to remove some of the paint then rub it lightly around the around the edge of the heart. Leave to dry.
- Glue 2 bark leaves together for each of the wings, leave to dry then stick them in position on the back of the heart. Leave to dry. Lightly brush the wings with white paint to highlight the bark texture.
- Cut a curved strip from papyrus paper as a banner to go across the heart. Lightly rub black paint along the edges to darken it. Cut another wider curved strip then stick the 2 pieces together. Wrap the ends of the banner around the edges of the heart then glue down on the back.
- Paint some mini wooden letters to spell ‘LOVE’, or choose a name or another word to personalise the heart. Paint the letters black, leave to dry then lightly brush white paint over the top. Glue the letters onto the banner.
- Trim off the wire from the backs of some paper flowers, glue them onto the heart and leave to dry.
- Thread a ribbon through the hole in the heart to hang it up.
To make painting the letters easier, stick a piece of double-sided tape onto card, peel off the backing strip then press the letters on top to keep them still. Make a rough version of the banner from scrap paper first to check the length and shape.