Time to Make
How to Make
- Carefully cut a narrow-shaped mini birdhouse vertically in half, so the roof is about 2.5cm deep. Use the half with the door hole for making your gingerbread house. Cut the door hole into an arch shape.
- Trim off the sides from the left-over half of the house. Glue card piece to cover over the back of the house then glue the house onto a 5cm diameter card circle base.
- Mix brown paint with a bit of white and yellow to make a gingerbread colour, then paint the house and roof. Leave to dry.
- Paint white roof tiles and a white outline around the door. Cut tiny windows and a heart or another simple window shape from card. Paint and dry before gluing them onto the house.
- Decorate the house and roof with sticky gems. Make 2 small holes in front of the house in the base, Cut off the base section from 2 x mini trees then glue them intot he holes with a thin layer of cotton wool.
- Cut a piece of 10cm x 8cm blue paper to fit inside the jar as a background for the gingerbread house. Push it into the jar.
- Put the gingerbread house into the jar. Use a pencil or thin paintbrush to push down the cotton wool and adjust the position of the trees.
- Screw the lid onto the jar then decorate with a circle of fabric and some more sticky gems around the edge.
Before you paint the house, check it will fit inside a glass jar. You can gently squeeze the roof to push it in. If it wont fit inside, trim a few millimetres from the edge of the roof.