Time to Make
1 hour 15 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Turn the canvas upside down so that the staples are facing upwards. Use a sharp cutting knife to carefully cut around the edge of the canvas, just to the outside of where the staples are. Lift the canvas off and put it to one side, then rip/cut the remaining pieces of canvas off of the frame. Alternatively you can use a staple remover, however this will take slightly longer to do.
- Paint the whole of the frame with a coat of black acrylic paint and leave to dry, adding more coats if needed.
- Take the canvas and use scissors to cut off the folded edges. Trim the canvas so that it is just a little smaller than the size of the outer frame.
- Place the piece of canvas over the back of the frame and use the staple gun to reattach it.
- Turn the frame over so it is the right way up and use the black deco pen to draw a stag design using straight black lines. It may help to draw out the design in pencil first to prevent any mistakes.
Use a small ruler to make sure all of the lines are straight.