Time to Make
1 hour, including 30 minutes for baking Fimo.
How to Make
- Use 2 strips cut from a Fimo block for the background colour. Shape the clay into a ball then roll to 5mm thick on a baking tray (covered with baking paper) or tile.
- Break off some small Fimo pieces in several different colours, then roll into pea-sized (7-8mm) balls. Flatten the balls with your finger and press onto the background to make a circle pattern.
- Press some tiny Fimo balls into the middle of the circles, then carefully flatten with a rolling pin until the surface is even.
- Use a small cutter to cut the Fimo into a simple shape, try a circle, square or heart. Make a hole near the edge with a cocktail stick.
- Bake at 100ºC for 30 minutes. When the Fimo is completely cooled, use a piece of fine sandpaper to smooth down any rough edges and on the back of the design.
- Open a jump ring and push it through the hole then close the ring with pliers. Attach to a split ring.
Use wet wipes to keep your fingers clean, so darker Fimo colours dont transfer onto the light ones.