Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for paint + glitter
How to Make
- Glue 2 craft wreaths together and leave to dry. Having a double layer of card makes the wreath more rigid.
- Make the wreath thinner by cutting away about 1.5cm from around the hole in the middle, leaving the wreath about 3.5cm wide.
- Pour some metallic blue paint into a mixing tray. Place a leaf stencil onto a piece of white card. Hold the stencil in place then dab paint over the design with a piece of sponge. Carefully lift the stencil away from the card and leave to dry.
- Repeat to make 3 more leaf stencils on a white card, then 4 more leaves on a pale blue card. Leave the paint to dry.
- Roughly cut around each leaf print so each one is on a separate piece of card then carefully cut around the edge of each leaf, leaving a border of about 5mm.
- To add the glitter, put the leaves one at a time onto some scrap paper, use a thin brush to apply glue over the unpainted areas then shake off any excess glitter onto the paper to re-use. Leave to dry.
- When the leaves are completely dry, arrange them around the wreath, alternating the white and blue colours. Check the card underneath is covered over then glue the leaves in place so they overlap. Use a small amount of glue in the middle of each leaf, so the ends can be curled up for a more 3-dimensional effect. Tape a loop of ribbon onto the back of the wreath. Single leaf stencil prints can be glued onto glitter card to make tags or cards.
Check the reverse side and the edges of the stencil shape each time you use it. Wipe off any wet paint with a paper towel if necessary.