Time to Make
1 hour + baking and cooling time for clay
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Roll out ½ a polymer clay block to a depth of 5mm. Carefully press a mini wooden shape into the surface then lift it off. If it feels stuck, use the end of a cocktail stick to lift it up.
- Cut around the imprint in the clay with a craft knife. Neaten around the edge with a cocktail stick or modelling tool. Make a small hole with a cocktail stick or a thick needle near the top.
- Repeat to make more shapes in the same way for matching earrings or use different shapes for other pieces of jewellery.
- Bake polymer clay at 135C following the instructions on packaging. Allow clay to cool before handling.
- Brush paint very lightly over the baked clay to highlight the design. Attach jump rings or fixings to finish the pieces.
Lightly brush hardened clay with acrylic paint to highlight the texture then add a coat of varnish on top.