Time to Make
1.5 hours + drying time for paint.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Before you start, wash the cushion cover by hand in warm water then dry. Iron both sides to remove any creases, protecting the surface with a thin cloth.
- Push 2 pieces of A4 card inside the cushion cover to keep it flat and to stop paint seeping onto the facing side.
- Mix up some textile paint for you design. The 6 colours can be mixed into different shades. Check you have mixed enough of each colour to print a pattern over the whole cushion.v
- Use a sponge dabber to apply paint onto the surface of a flower foam stamper. Carefully press the flower onto the cushion cover. Repeat to make more prints, applying more paint each time. Clean the flower thoroughly with wet wipes and dry with paper towel before using a different colour.
- Leave the paint to dry then print onto the reverse side of the cushion cover, or leave it blank if you prefer. Follow the instructions on the paint packaging to permanently set the paint. If you iron the cushion cover, turn it inside out to protect the painted surface and cover with a thin cloth.
Before printing onto the cushion cover, try out the colours and practise making repeat patterns on a piece of paper. To adapt the flower shapes on the foam printing blocks, cover the middles or leaves with masking tape so they don’t print. Flower middles can be filled in using a sponge dabber to add a different colour.