Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for glue
How to Make
- Paint a wooden skewer pink, then leave it to dry. If you plan to put the flamingo in a vase of flowers, just paint the top 2/3 of the stick, leaving the pointed end unpainted.
- Cut out 2 matching flamingo shapes from pink card. Place one of the flamingos onto a piece of newspaper or scrap paper. Brush glue evenly all over the card, making sure it goes up to the edges, then before the glue dries sprinkle with glitter. Shake off any excess glitter to re-use.
- Cover the matching flamingo with glitter in the same way, with the shape facing the opposite way round. Leave to dry.
- Cut out 2 matching beaks from white card. Turn one of the beaks over so it faces in the opposite direction then draw in the details onto both pieces with a black felt pen.
- Turn one of the flamingos over, so the glittery side faces down then tape the painted stick to the middle. Brush glue over the flamingo, making sure it goes up to the edges then press the matching shape over the top, with the stick in the middle.
- Glue the 2 beaks on either side of the head so they match up. Glue wiggle eyes onto the head.
- Lightly brush glue onto one side the body then stick a couple of feathers for the wings. Repeat on the reverse side and leave to dry.
Choose fluffy feathers to give a softer feel on the flamingo’s wings and trim with scissors to remove the pointed ends.