Time to Make
15 minutes + baking time for Fimo
How to Make
- Roll half a Fimo block to 5mm deep. Push the pattern stamps into the surface, pressing down firmly, move the stamper then press down 4 or 5 more times to make a repeat pattern.
- Place a shaped cutter over the Fimo and cut out a shape. Make a hole near the edge with a cocktail stick. Wiggle the cocktail stick to make sure the hole has gone all the way through.
- Make more decorations in the same way using different colours. To lift the decorations onto a baking tray, gently push a flat modelling tool underneath. Or if you work on a glazed tile, this can be put straight into the oven without lifting the Fimo.
- Bake Fimo models on a baking tray at 110ºC for 30 minutes. Follow all the instructions on the packet. Allow Fimo to cool before handling.
- When the decorations are completely cooled, lightly brush or sponge paint over the surface to highlight the patterns. Leave to dry then thread with ribbon ready to hang up.
Use wet wipes to keep your fingers clean so darker Fimo colours dont transfer onto lighter ones.