Time to Make
1.5 hours plus Fimo baking time (30 mins)
How to Make
- Choose the colours you would like to work with. Adding white to them will created more muted pastel tones.
- Create your beads. Get used to handling the fimo first. Use small amounts at first, getting used to rolling them and creating the shapes you’d like to use.
- Create flat discs by rolling a small ball and then pressing down gently with your thumb (or use a small playdough rolling pin). Turn over and repeat. Make the hole in the middle by poking the cocktail stick in while it is on a flat surface and rotating it gently round in circles.
- Create chunky tubes by rolling a ball and then poking the cocktail stick the whole way through. You can then roll the bead still on the stick back and forth (a bit like a wheel moving) to create a larger hole and flatter sides.
- Create the diamond like shape by rolling a ball and then using the palm of your hand to roll the ball in circles on a flat surface. Carefully put the hole in after.
- To create a marbled effect, roll a sausage shape in both colours, one larger than the other. Twist them together until it look stripy and then roll back into a ball. Repeat this until you’ve reached the desired effect.
- Bake the fimo on baking paper according to the instructions.
- Once cooked allow to cool. When completely cooled, thread the beads onto a length of gold hanging cord. Tie a tight knot (making it long enough so it can fit over your head). Hide the knot under one of the beads.
- Wrap in tissue paper and place in a kraft box!
Work the fimo in your hands for a few minutes first to soften it. Create more beads than you need so you have lots of options when putting your piece together.