Time to Make
Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160 Fan/ Gas Mark 4
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Break eggs into a separate bowl, and then beat into the butter & sugar mixture. Add the vanilla essence and stir well. Sift in the flour.
- Divide between the cake cases using a spoon then ask a grown-up helper to put the tray in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar to make a rich, creamy icing. Add colouring if you wish. Scoop the icing into a piping bag to decorate, or alternatively, leave in a bowl and spoon it out for later.
- Remove the cupcakes and leave to cool in the tray.
- Pipe or spoon icing onto each cake and decorate with sprinkles or your topping of choice for the perfect finishing touch.
These recipes are suggestions only and are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill and entirely at their own discretion and risk. We cannot guarantee that favourable results will be obtained and recommend that you carry out your own tests prior to adoption. In the event that you intend to follow them for personal or resale use you must ensure that your preparation and ingredients comply with all relevant hygiene standards. We accept no responsibility, obligation or liability with respect to these recipes, their preparation or any outcome from their use or ingestion.