Time to Make
How to Make
- Draw a 6cm circle in the middle of a large paper plate. Cut in from the edge of the plate towards the middle and cut out the circle to make a hole.
- Make 10-12 cuts 2cm long around the edge of the circle then cut the plate in half. Each piece will make a basket.
- To make a basket, fold the cut out strips upwards on one of the half plates then curl it into a bowl shape and tape down the edge. Push the cut out strips at the bottom to form the base of the basket, adding sticky tape underneath.
- Pull apart some Easter grass so the tissue is loosely separated. Use a large pair of scissors to chop the tissue into shorter pieces. Separate the grass again with your fingers.
- Glue inside the basket then press some shredded Easter grass inside, press down and shake of any excess pieces. Repeat to cover the outside. Spray mount glue is the quickest way to stick the shredded tissue onto the baskets, or lightly brush PVA over one side at a time.
- Make 2 holes at the side of the basket then thread some raffia or ribbon to make a handle. Fill any areas where the paper plate is showing through with more shredded tissue pieces.
Try using different colours of shredded tissue for the inside and outside of the baskets. Keeping each colour in a separate bowl makes it easier to use.