Time to Make
How to Make
- Cut a section of hessian from the hessian roll. This should be approximately 10cm long, and ensure that it is wider than the front of the sketch book. Cut another piece of hessian the same size as this.
- Heat up the glue gun and put a strip of glue on the back of the book near the fold, from the top of the staple to the top of the book. Place the end of one hessian strip onto this glue and hold until it dries. Then pull the hessian tightly across the front of the book and glue in place on the inside of the front cover. Then, to neaten the top edge, fold the top over and glue to the inside of the cover.
- Repeat step two with the other strip of hessian on the lower part of the sketch book.
- Cut a white paper doily in half, then put some small dots of glue onto the back of it and stick to the top left hand corner of the book. Fold the remaining parts of the doily around to the back of the book and glue in place. Then trim the edges. Repeat this with all four corners.
- Using a thin white deco pen, write ‘Guest Book’ in the centre of the front cover, in between the two hessian strips. Once this has dried, draw a laurel wreath around the words with the same pen.
- Stick three self-adhesive pearls onto the centre of the top piece of hessian, and three on the bottom piece.
Put a weight on top of the book when the glue is drying to help the book stay shut.