Time to Make
How to Make
- Cut a circle of card, 5cm diameter, and leave to one side. Using a thick tipped gold marker pen, colour a large self-adhesive pearl and seven smaller ones.
- Concertina fold your crepe paper and draw on a petal shape approximately 3cm wide. Draw a smaller petal next to it and cut out both, cutting through the folded layers to make multiple petals.
- Apply glue dots onto the circular piece of card and stick on the larger petals around the outer edge. Repeat with the smaller petals, sticking the narrowest part to the centre of the card panel, forming the flower and hiding the card beneath.
- Draw a gold edge on each petal using gold marker. Stick a larger pearl to the centre and arrange the smaller pearls around it, as shown. Bend each petal gently upwards to make the flower look 3D.
- Leave as it is for a simple table decoration or attach to a brooch pin, hair clip or hair band for a striking accessory.
Depending on your colour scheme and occasion, try edging the petals with glue then sprinkling on glitter instead of using gold pen.