Time to Make
1.5 hours + drying time for ModRoc + glue
How to Make
- Draw a Llama outline onto thick card then cut it out. Template shape supplied – Llama is W20cm x H23cm
- Cut some 6cm wide strips from the ModRoc. To cover the Llama you’ll need around 10-12 pieces. Dip each strip into a bowl of water, squeeze out the excess water then place onto the card Llama with the ends folded over onto the back. Keep adding plaster strips until the llama is covered then rub over the surface with your fingers to smooth the plaster. Leave to dry.
- Mix up a light paint colour for the face then fill it in. Lightly brush the same colour over the body to highlight the textured surface.
- Cut a curved piece of felt (approx 8cm x 8cm) for the blanket. Glue it onto the body with sequin strings, pompom ribbons and a jumbo sequin to decorate. Glue a piece of pompom ribbon around the neck and legs with sequin strings.
- Finish the face with a painted nose, mouth and cheek and an eye sticker.
- To make a hat; cut a piece of (red) felt W10cm x H14cm. Fold the felt in half and cut a diagonal along one side to make a long triangle shape. Cut off both corners to remove the points at the bottom. Keeping the felt triangle folded, sew along the edge to join the sides together. Cut a white felt strip 2cm x 14cm. Glue it around the base of the hat, or use double-sided tape. Glue a felt pompom to the end. Fit the hat over the ears.
Add extra pieces of ModRoc on the llama’s head to help define the shape of the face and to create a woolly texture.