Time to Make
How to Make
- Cut out the birdhouse box template and draw around it on a sheet of pink patterned card. Then carefully cut around the outline where the solid lines are marked.
- Cut out the circle in the front of the box, and stick a piece of a clear film sheet over the top of it. Make sure it is stuck on what will be the inside of the box.
- Fold where the dotted lines show on the template, then stick the tabs together using glue dots to form the bottom part of your birdhouse box.
- Cut two long pieces of light pink ribbon, approximately 40cm, and glue them to the side edges on the inside of the box.
- To make the lid, measure the depth of your box, and cut a strip of patterned card where this length is the width. You should end up with a strip of paper that is about 8x25cm. Fold this strip in half and cut along the fold line.
- Take one half and fold the end over about 1cm. Then rest the fold on top of the point of the birdhouse, and glue the other end of the paper to the tab on the side of the box. Make sure the ribbon is on the outside of the box when you do this.
- Take the other half of the strip of paper and hold the end underneath the fold of the other part of the lid, where the point is on the birdhouse, then glue the other end to the tab on the box. Trim the ends of these strips of paper.
- Pull the ribbon to the top of the box and tie in a bow to hold the lid shut.
Try using a scalpel or craft knife to cut out the circle in the birdhouse.