Time to Make
1 hour plus paint and varnish drying time.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Draw the pattern onto the bangle in pencil, lightly. Place the bangle onto a stand so your hands are free for painting.
- Decant your 3 paint choices into the paint tray. Have 1 paint brush for each colour.
- Paint each stripe band one at a time. Do not worry if you overlap a colour too much, it doesn’t have to be perfect and you will be outlining with the pen later. Allow the stripe to continue over the edge on both sides.
- Work your way around and allow the paint to dry before repeating for a second coat.
- With a fine permanent ink pen in black, outline all of the stripes to define them. Allow ink to dry.
- Paint the bangle with a thin layer of satin varnish, inside and out. This will set and protect the paint and wood. Coat twice, allowing to dry between coats.
Ensure all the brushes you use are the same size to give uniform sized stripes.